2016
8:14 PM
About 2016, I'm afraid I'll write something scant or inadequate. This year deserves more. But the truth is, nothing I write here will do justice to what this year was for me. Frankly, I'm too tired to really do it. Besides that, though, the year means more than anything I could say about it. But I wanted to get at least something recorded before the clock strikes 12.
This year, I graduated high school, moved out, started college, played my number one dream role in a musical, became a vegetarian, visited Alaska for the first time (and hopefully not the last), spiralized noodles out of daikon radish and realized how disgusting that is. The list goes on, really. And I'm so grateful. I truly, truly am.
Next year is going to be something else very special. I've picked a word that I'm going to focus on for 2017, but before I tell you what it is, I'm going to give you some background.
I am a Hufflepuff. As in, if I were to be sorted into a Hogwarts house from Harry Potter, I would be sorted into Hufflepuff. I've taken like three different types of quizzes and it came out the same every time. It took me a while to come to terms with it, but I eventually did. And I now take pride in the yellow, the badger, the title, and what the house members stand for. Haha. BUT. I took the test on Pottermore again a few days ago, and my results were different. Gryffindor. I was slightly confused...I'm not very brave, I'm not very courageous. At least, I wasn't born that way. But it made sense after thinking about it for a second. Those Gryffindor attributes were ones that I fought very hard to embody this semester in college. And I want to keep trying to develop them in myself as my life goes on.
So my 2017 word is bold. I read a quote by Voltaire one time this year, and it stuck with me. “Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.”
I'm gonna sprint into 2017. Lol, jk. I don't sprint. But I think a nice jog will suffice.
0 comments