Stuff I Needed to Write Down
3:30 PM
I'm the type of person that locks herself out of her house at 8 o'clock in the morning, basically cries and reads a book on the porch for an hour, and then realizes that she actually had her keys with her all along. No, I'm not kidding. It happened on Monday.
In other news, this past weekend, I had a lovely less-than-twenty-four-hours in St. George with my mom. (I almost wrote "mum" because I want to have a British accent so much but I don't and that's going to have to be okay.) She picked me up from Orem on Saturday afternoon, and off we drove to sunny Southern Utah to watch The Hunchback of Notre Dame at Tuacahn that night. The show was very well done, and I was privileged to see my voice teacher from when I was thirteen play Esmeralda. She was SO good, people.
I also convinced Mom to give Mediterranean food a chance--it's one of my absolute jams, so I wanted to share the love--and even though she was hesitant at first, she went for it and liked it a lot. What can I say? I am just highly influential *flips hair over shoulder*.
Time spent with my mother is some of the best time I get to have in this life. I can unabashedly pose and look ridiculous in a picture taken by her. (Exhibit A: see above).
Here's something. The shampoo my mom brought to our hotel reminded me of Lake Powell, because it's the same stuff I used to wash my hair with in the lake this year.
Anyway, Mom and I talked, we listened to some quality tunes, we tried to listen to LDS General Conference on the road but had no reception, we talked some more. We also didn't talk at times, but rather enjoyed the other's company in peaceful silence. Mom...looking up flights to another place, as she always does. Planning vacation while on vacation. Me...reading All The Bright Places on the kindle app on my phone. All in all, it was a great little road trip.
“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
-Marcel Proust



0 comments