Today

3:56 PM

Today, things aren't as peachy as the fruit that starts its growing process around this time of year.

The spring lures me outside and puts a smile on my face, but the rain, though a drizzle, shows up. It always shows up. Being water-logged and soggy is fun when you have a song in your heart, or when you want to tap dance in the puddles. For a second I was there. But today I'm making my own puddles, and I don't exactly know why, and I can't really stop.

The worst part is weeping abundantly but not even feeling like my tears are justified.

So as I lay here in the puddle, I recognize that it's okay for me to feel this way. But then I ponder on the beauty in my world. Opportunities I know I'm blessed to have right in front of me. People who love me despite our differences and uncomfortable moments. Forgiveness and clean slates. The bliss of feeling the sun's gentle warmth on my back amidst the slight breeze.

You can be patient. You can accept. 

And as I rest in the sun, the puddle starts to dry up.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts