On Being Happy

4:28 PM

~To get to the real purpose of this writing, scroll to the bottom and read the last paragraph.~

People, I literally ran into a wall and hit my face. I'm not joking. It was early morning on Saturday, September 3, and I was hurrying to get ready for my parents to pick me up. It was dark, I couldn't see, I exited my room and ran like lightning towards the kitchen and BAM, there was the wall.

Lol.

SO. Even though I have a bruise on my nose, I had a lovely weekend in Phoenix with the fam.



Oh, and guess what? One of my toenails ripped right off, revealing a tiny one grown underneath! It didn't even hurt! What the heck?? Listen, I know that's a super weird/unpleasant detail but I just thought it was interesting. I was also very close to posting a picture of it and didn't. You're welcome.

For those who don't, like many of my family members, follow BYU sports like their lives depend on it, there was a football game against the University of Arizona that Saturday at the U. of Phoenix Stadium. That's why we were there, so Gabby, Aaron, and Dad could all go watch the game with some of our extended family members and the other 30,000 cougar fans. Mom, Nathanael, and I were just there to tag along. We stayed at the known uncle Brent's apartment, and we spend quality time with him and our grandparents who also live in AZ, and our other grandparents.

I learned that it is exceptionally hot there. While simply walking outside and feeling the sweat play at my hairline, I said these words to my uncle: "If I don't get a tan in the next ten minutes, I'm going to feel robbed." And, of course, I didn't get a tan, because that's not what I do. I just don't do that.





Lastly, while observing an enormous, glossy, sparkling, insanely ridiculously expensive model home on Sunday, I realized something kinda important, if you ask me. Maybe if I just had a kitchen like this, and an exercise room like this where I could practice yoga, then I'd be really happy was the thought that continually wandered through my head and finally came to the surface. As soon as I said it, though, it didn't really make sense. I don't need anything to make me happy. I have a beautiful family, incredible friends, new and old, a chance at an education, and so much more. I'm blessed. And whether I have those things forever or not, I'm blessed. When I'm satisfied with what I have, when I see how lucky I am, that's when I'm really happy.

Bye for now. I'm quite parched so I'm going to go fetch myself a glass of water.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts